Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Tuesday Tip! Bounce a Bouncy Ball


Sometimes after my songs of the month are published, I find new ways to use them. This is the first of my Tuesday Tips to let you know about these additional ideas. As I add more, you'll be able to easily find them on this blog under "Songs of the Month Additional Ideas." If you have changed one of my songs or used it in a different way, please share it on my blog.

Bounce a Bouncy Ball
If you work with infants to two-year-olds, you can use my "Bounce a Bouncy Ball" song of the month as a finger play, instead of a movement song. Instead of following the written directions while using actual balls, do the following:
Whenever you say "Bounce a bouncy ball..," hold one hand flat in front of you, and form a ball with the other hand. Have the "ball" hand "bounce" up and down on open hand.
Verses 2, 3, 4, and 5, lend themselves to additional finger play motions. Babies love balls, and they love this song, so try it out! Copy and paste the link below to get to the song on my website.Its free to download, of course!
http://www.nancymusic.com/SOM/2010/bouncy-ball.htm

No comments: